Dr Sharon Blackie "Wise Women"

 

Happy publication day to me! Wise Women: Myths & Stories for Midlife and Beyond from Virago is officially out today. And phew! – this book is the culmination of five+ years of research I undertook into stories of older women in European myth & folklore. All of that began with the psychology & archetypal analysis in my earlier book Hagitude, but this is the place where you’ll find the stories – and the nursery rhymes & ballads – in full. The Times Literary Supplement called it ‘an extraordinary collection’, and I hope you’ll find it so. My research of course didn’t stop when I handed this manuscript in. So, if you’re hungry for more stories, come and sign up for my Substack, The Art of Enchantment, where in a week’s time paid subscribers will receive ‘Old Wives’ Tales’, an exclusive booklet with five new wise-woman stories I’ve uncovered since then, along with my commentaries on them. These stories both complement and expand those I collected for the book. https://sharonblackie.substack.com/ Wise Women is available worldwide via your local indie bookshop or the usual online suspects.

- Dr Sharon Blackie

Read on Substack

Comments

LIGHT HEARTED πŸ’• LIFE’S SENSUALITY

"Let's Drive Down and Look At The Ocean"

Run With The Wolf.

Sea, The Morning Star

Working with Hedera Hashgraph to support the next generation of distributed ledger technology.

Light Desert High Ways